Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
Prove You’re on the Forefront of Cloud Security
In the ever-changing world of the cloud, you face unique security challenges every day — from new threats to sensitive data, to uneducated internal teams.
Take command with the CCSP: the premier cloud security certification.
The CCSP is a global credential that represents the highest standard for cloud security expertise. It was co-created by Cloud Security Alliance and (ISC)² — leading stewards for information security and cloud computing security.
(ISC)² and CSA: Leading the Future for the Cloud Security Profession
When you earn the CCSP, you prove you have deep knowledge and hands-on experience with cloud security architecture, design, operations and service orchestration.
Why Become a CCSP
Your time is valuable, and you need to use it wisely. Here’s why the CCSP is a smart investment:
- Instant credibility and differentiation: The CCSP positions you as an authority figure on cloud security. It’s a quick way to communicate your knowledge and earn trust from your clients or senior leadership.
- Unique recognition. When you earn the CCSP, you achieve the highest standard for cloud security expertise. This certification is powered by the two leading non-profits focused on cloud and information security: CSA and (ISC)². It’s vendor-neutral, and you need practical knowledge and experience to earn it. Quite simply, there is no other cloud security certification like it.
- Staying ahead: The CCSP can enhance your working knowledge of cloud security principles and practices. It can keep you current on evolving technologies, new threats and new mitigation strategies. And it can fill in unknown gaps in your knowledge. You’ll stay ahead.
- Versatility: Because the CCSP is vendor-neutral, you can use your knowledge across a variety of different cloud platforms. This not only makes you more marketable, it ensures you’re better equipped to protect sensitive data in a global environment.
- Career advancement: The CCSP creates opportunities. For example, as a consultant, it can help you expand into cloud services and win new business. If you’re an internal subject matter expert, it can help you move into more strategic roles.
Should You Pursue the CCSP?
The CCSP is one of the hottest certifications on the market today. But is this cloud security certification right for you? The answer is yes if you:
- Are an experienced IT / ICT professional who’s involved with IT architecture, web and cloud security engineering, information security, governance, risk and compliance, or IT auditing.
- Are heavily involved with the cloud (or you’d like to be) in a global environment. You’re responsible for migrating to, managing or advising on the integrity of cloud-based software, such as SalesForce, Office 365, Optum, Impact Cloud, JIRA Software, SharePoint or CTERA.
- Are an early adopter who loves being on the leading edge of technology.
- Are passionate about security.
- Want to differentiate yourself (or your business).
- Want to stay up-to-speed on rapidly evolving cloud technologies, threats and mitigation strategies.
In addition, many who pursue the CCSP find it useful for working with organizations committed to DevSecOps, Agile or Bimodal IT practices.
What the Industy Says
- Ranked #1 on The Next Big Thing list as the certification survey respondents plan to earn in 2017 and 2016 – Certification Magazine, Annual Salary Survey Edition
- Named one of the Top 5 Vendor-Neutral Cloud Security Certifications of 2017 – Tripwire
- Named one of 8 Valuable Security Certifications for 2017 – Dark Reading
- Named one of the Top 5 IT Security Certifications to Target in 2016 – Firebrand Training
CCSP Training Course Overview
(ISC)² training helps you fully prepare for this cloud security certification. You will:
- Review, refresh and expand your cloud security knowledge.
- Identify areas you need to study for the CCSP exam.
You can expect an in-depth review of the six domains of the CCSP CBK — including discussion of industry best practices and timely cloud security concepts.
(ISC)² authorized instructors lead the training. You’re learning from industry experts who understand you. They know how to make the content highly relatable. And they go through a rigorous process to teach to our CBK.
(ISC)² uses proven adult learning techniques to reinforce topics. This approach increases how much information you retain. The techniques are highly interactive. They focus on real-world learning activities and scenarios, so you get the most out of training.
In-Person Training Seminars
- Ideal for hands-on learners. The most thorough review of the CCSP CBK, industry concepts and best practices.
- Five-day training event delivered in a classroom setting. Eight hours a day.
- Available at (ISC)² facilities and through (ISC)² Official Training Providers worldwide.
- Led by authorized instructors.
Private On-Site Training
- A cost-effective and convenient training solution if your organization has 10 or more employees taking the exam.
- Tailored to your team’s schedule, budget and certification requirements.
- Conveniently taught in your office space or a local venue.
- Led by authorized instructors.
Online Training Seminars
- Participate from the convenience of your computer. This saves you travel time and expense.
- Weekday, weekend and evening options to fit your needs.
- Comprehensive review of the CBK, so you’re ready for this cloud security certification.
- Access to recordings of all course sessions for 60 days.
- Led by authorized instructors.
- A powerful alternative to traditional classroom training. You’ll use modular training and interactive study materials.
- Virtual lessons taught by authorized instructors through HD video.
- Rich content equal to classroom training. It meets certification course requirements.
- 120 days to access the content from any web-enabled device. Available any time and as often as you want.
Self Study Tools
In addition to training, (ISC)² offers resources to help you with self-study. They include the:
Mastering the Domains on the Exam
The CCSP exam tests your skills in six domains. The domains draw from a range of cloud security topics within the (ISC)² Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).
Here’s a closer look at the CCSP domains and how they’re weighted on the exam:
|1. Architectural Concepts and Design Requirements||19%|
|2. Cloud Data Security||20%|
|3. Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Security||19%|
|4. Cloud Application Security||15%|
|6. Legal and Compliance||12%|
Taking Your CCSP Exam
|Length of exam||Up to 4 hours|
|Number of questions||125 questions|
|Question format||Multiple choice|
|Passing grade||A passing score is 700 out of 1000 points|
|Testing center||Pearson VUE Testing Center|
Ready to sign up for the exam? Visit the Pearson VUE website to create an account and book your exam.